Paper Tigers is the editing side of my business. I’ve been doing multiple types of editing for several years as a favor to friends and for Magical Ink Media. At the moment, I only offer proofreading and copyediting.
When the material is nearly a finished product, meaning it has been edited, laid out, and designed, the proofreader searches for typographical errors. The proofreader works with a facsimile of a finished product, or a proof (hence the term proofreading). Proofreaders don’t suggest major changes to the text; rather, they look for minor text and formatting errors and confirm the material is ready for publication. (Definition from Grammarly.)
Fiction of all lengths: 50 cents to $1/page. (I want to be able to work with your needs and budget, hence the variable rate!)
Non-fiction of all lengths: 50 cents to $1/page.
Newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, and query letters: $5 flat rate.
Book synopses, sample chapters, and pitch packages: $20 flat rate.
If you’re interested, please send me an email at skribblegurl [@]gmail[.]com. (Remove the brackets.) In the email (no attachments), please include:
- Whether the project is fiction or nonfiction.
- If you require copyediting (done before the work is formatted) or proofreading (done after formatting.)
- The word count of the project.
- If fiction, what genre the project is. (My specialties are fantasy and science fiction, though I accept all genres except erotica.)
- A sample for editing if you would like to see an example of my work (please, no more than 3-5 pages). This is a free service to see if we work well together.
Thank you for your interest!