Paper Tigers is the editing and formatting side of my business. I’ve been doing both for several years now as a part of Magical Ink Media. At the moment, I only offer copy editing, proofreading, and formatting.
The tasks involved in copy editing include checking written material for grammar, spelling, style, and punctuation issues before it’s prepared for proofreading. A copy editor may also do a rewrite, if necessary, to fix any problems with transitions, wordiness, jargon, and to ensure the style of the piece fits with the publication. This work is known as revision. (Definition from Grammarly.)
Sample edit (2-5 pages): free.
Flash and short story rate (under 10,000 words): $1/page
Above 10,000 words: $2/page
Above 80,000 words: $3/page
When the material is nearly a finished product, meaning it has been edited, laid out, and designed, the proofreader searches for typographical errors. The proofreader works with a facsimile of a finished product, or a proof (hence the term proofreading). Proofreaders don’t suggest major changes to the text; rather, they look for minor text and formatting errors and confirm the material is ready for publication.(Definition from Grammarly.)
Novels, short stories, other fiction: $1/page
Newsletters, pamphlets, flyers: $5 flat rate
If you’re interested, please send me an email at skribblegurl [@]gmail[.]com. (Remove the brackets.) In the email (no attachments), please include:
- The type of project you would like to hire me for (copy editing or proofreading).
- Whether the project is fiction or nonfiction
- The word count of the project
- If fiction, what genre the project is (I outright refuse to do anything with erotica.)
- A sample for editing if you would like to see an example of my work
Thank you for your interest! I will get back to you as soon as possible with my reply.
$10 flat rate for short stories and nonfiction under 5,000 words.
$20 flat rate for stories and nonfiction under 10,000 words.
For longer works, various factors determine what I will charge, so please send me an email at skribblegurl[@]gmail[.]com (remove the brackets)and let me know:
- The type of project (whether nonfiction or fiction, and if fiction, what genre)
- The project’s word count
- The turnaround time you would like to see
- Whether you want e-book, print, or both
Thank you for your interest! I will get with you as soon as possible with my reply.